McFadyen Digital names Rithum as a top tech marketplace and dropship solution
McFadyen Digital’s “The Marketplace Suite Spot,” report highlights Rithum as a ‘vendor that should be on your short list’ for retailers and brands looking to launch or expand their unowned inventory programs through marketplace and dropship models.
McFadyen Digital’s Q4 2023 “The Marketplace Suite Spot,” compares technology vendors. The report serves as a guide for retailers and brands navigating marketplace technology. Rithum is featured as a top technology vendor, available to retailers and brands looking to create, launch, and grow an online multi-vendor commerce solution.
Rithum’s connected network and platform provides operational visibility, efficiency, and decision making for growth and profitability. This enables you to expand category and product assortment, manage inventory to fluctuating consumer demand, and establish dropship or marketplace distribution to expand market share cost effectively.
Rithum also allows you to integrate digital marketing with listing optimization to more effectively increase consumer engagement and return on advertising spend, while testing the performance of all these strategies to help maximize your ROI and investment.
The scale of Rithum
Rithum partners with over 40,000 brands, retailers and suppliers which represent $50 billion in annual gross merchandise value (GMV). In addition to a robust platform, Rithum gives you access to high quality sellers on its platform.
According to McFadyen’s Suite Spot Plots: Completeness & Scale Graph criteria, Rithum actually tops the high-volume value with $50 billion in GMV – more than 8x the next highest GMV of any of the other vendors featured in the report.
The value and quality of the Rithum network
McFadyen’s report compares volume by GMV as well as completeness of marketplace and dropship features. According to Ellie Williams, vice president, of product management, a third axis should be considered.
“What is more important than features is the quality of your supply. We have an unparalleled supplier network,” Williams said.
“Rithum’s suppliers are brand-owned sellers and the top of their categories. This makes a big difference because retailers are known for the brands they carry. They take ownership to ensure the customer has an ideal experience,” Williams said. “With marketplaces, you’re only as good as the quality of your supply side of the business.”
McFadyen highlights Rithum’s strengths
Rithum’s strengths according to McFadyen:
- Proven dropship scale at the highest levels of retail.
- Very sophisticated catalog harmonization and management tools.
- Microservices based architecture with robust APIs available to site operators and sellers.
- Flexible GUI-based commission management system and shipping grid management.
- Artificial Intelligence-based category, product, and attribute mapping with additional features in beta.
- Best-in-class fulfillment capabilities including custom packing slips per channel, routing rules, zones, rates, and more.
- Many options for seller onboarding, from self-service to marketplace operator-managed to full white-glove. All with the ability to track where a seller is in the onboarding process.
- Rithum’s (formerly CommerceHub) acquisition of ChannelAdvisor in 2022 means one of the most powerful vendor (supplier) aggregation networks and catalog harmonization tools comes integrated into the platform.
- Ability to couple Retail Media buying tools with listing tools drives ad buys for additional monetization.
The report notes that Rithum’s platform interfaces a combination of legacy and new technology currently being harmonized under a modern UI.
McFadyen also emphasizes the importance of artificial intelligence in applications such as marketplace scalability and growth. Rithum’s acquisition of search and discovery start– up Cadeera gives Rithum a multi-modal artificial intelligence platform. This AI technology allows Rithum to collect brand and supplier product data, map it internally and upload that information to marketplaces quickly, among other capabilities.
Download the full report here.
Learn more about how Rithum can help you launch your dropship, marketplace or hybrid solution here.
Contact us directly here.
McFadyen Digital is a global agency for e-commerce marketplace strategy and implementation.