Online shoppers are inundated with more choices than ever before. And as shoppers grow increasingly selective about their purchases, content — anything from images at all angles to videos to detailed product specifications — becomes the key to providing a quality buying experience for your customers and gaining a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Here’s a quick look at 5 ways to create compelling content.
- Stay on point with what customers care about.Give customers only the information they need to make a purchase decision.
- Naming and classifying of products needs to be intuitive. There is no industry standard for classifying products. The best way to approach this is to organize by how customers are searching for products on your site.
- Make the process as easy as possible.When you use a comprehensive content management solution like the one Rithum offers, you can search all product SKUs in a single platform and leverage compatible product catalogs that are ready for customers.
- Remember product content is dynamic.Since you’re likely adding new products on a regular basis and looking for ways to grow your channel and supplier partnerships, consider how to improve content continuously — whether that’s with internal technology that automates the process or external policies with partners.
- Consider focusing on enriching the content for products that you need to move faster (like seasonal items) to maximize sales and profit.
For more online product content management strategies, download our whitepaper Content Management: Create Content that Increases Customer Engagement here.